C-Beam Machine XLarge Mechanical Bundle
The C-Beam Machine XLarge gives you abilities such as plate making, sign making etc. all on a larger scale!
'It’s not just a machine, it’s a solution'
C-Beam XLarge Machine is a CNC machine design based on the popular V-Slot® linear guide system.
The machine is strong as the linear rail incorporates a C shape profile which gives added strength and functionality.
The C-Beam Machine XLarge Machine
is a collaborative design Build by OpenBuilds Resident Builders Craig Mills & Mark Carew
Many thanks go out to Craig for the incredible work put into this Machine!
- OPEN SOURCE - The C-Beam XLarge Machine is Open Source and the Builder community is encouraged to modify and build on this design.
- EASY TO BUILD - With the V-Slot Modular Framing System and the detailed Builders Manual, assembly is quick and easy.
- AFFORDABLE - OpenBuilds budget friendly parts allow Builders the opportunity to freely create.
- CUSTOMIZATION - Take it to the next level and make it your own! Share your builds with the Open Source Builders community OpenBuilds.com
The C-Beam XLarge Machine - the Possibilities are Limitless!
C-Beam XLarge Machine Specs:
- 750mm x 330mm (29.5” x 13”) X&Y axis cut area
- Usable cut depth is dependent on how you mount your spindle/router, bit length used and spoil board height.
But as a ball park measurement you are looking at 1 inch (25mm) material. The Z working height is over 2 inches for deep carving
- The physical footprint is 1000mm x 500mm (with the moving Y table protruding out about 170mm at full travel, front and back)
with the High Torque Steppers sticking out about 140mm from the frame at the back. Maximum Height ( Z-axis fully up) is about 630mm
- All the precise Acme Lead Screws are faced away from ﬂying chips to help keep them clean
- Outside mounted Xtreme Solid V Wheels™ used throughout for easy on machine adjustment, tuning and strength.
- Doubled up and adjustable Acme Nut blocks on Y and X axes with a Anti-Backlash Nut Block on the Z axis to reduce/remove backlash.
- Strong and accurate C-Beam™ and V-Slot™ Linear Rail with the new heavy duty C-Beam™ Gantry Plate XLarge used for all Actuators.
- Openbuilds Router / Spindle Mount (71mm inside diameter) which works best with the Bosch Colt Router;
but with some additional shimming, it is also suitable for the Dewalt 611 Router and the 0.8kw Chinese Spindles (65mm diameter).
Please note that the C-Beam XLarge Machine Bundle was created to make ordering the parts for the C-Beam machine easier and more convenient.
The C-Beam XLarge Machine Bundle, however, is not a kit.
Please feel free to modify it to suit your needs and share your modifications and upgrades on the OpenBuilds Build sharing site.
The complete parts list is listed below for your convenience so you can both know what is included with this Bundle
and you can use it to build upon it for your own creations!
Whats included in your C-Beam XLarge Machine Mechanical Bundle Pack?
The main mechanical parts you will need to build your C-Beam Machine (Nema 23 High Torque Stepper Motors as an Option)!
|20||Low Profile Screws M5-25mm||6|
|125||Low Profile Screws M5-30mm||13|
|135||Low Profile Screws M5-40mm||4|
|155||1/4" x 8mm Flexible Coupling||4|
|185||Slot Washer - 15x5x2mm||12|
|465||Xtreme Solid V Wheel™ Kit||30|
|485||Double L Bracket||2|
|490||Cast Corner Bracket||26|
|540||Black Angle Corner Connector||4|
|610||90 Degree Joining Plate||10|
|740||Nut Block for 8mm Metric Acme Lead Screw||6|
|750||Low Profile Screws M5-20mm||46|
|760||Low Profile Screws M5-55mm||8|
|765||Low Profile Screws M5-60mm||16|
|780||Ball Bearing 688Z 8x16x5||8|
|878||Low Profile Screws M5-10mm||34|
|922||Low Profile Screws M5-15mm||24|
|946||Low Profile Screws M5-8mm||64|
|965||C-Beam™ End Mount||8|
|1055||Anti-Backlash Nut Block
for 8mm Metric Acme Lead Screw
|2030||C-Beam™ Gantry Plate - Xlarge||7|
|05 - LP||C-Beam™ Linear Rail-250mm||3|
|10 - LP||C-Beam™ Linear Rail-500mm||2|
|15 - LP||8mm Metric Acme Lead Screw-1000mm||1|
|20 - LP||8mm Metric Acme Lead Screw-500mm||2|
|25 - LP||8mm Metric Acme Lead Screw-250mm||1|
|75 - LP||C-Beam™ Linear Rail-1000mm||1|
|160 - LP||V-Slot® 20x60 Linear Rail-500mm||2|
|200 - LP||V-Slot® 20x60 Linear Rail-1000mm||2|
|195 - LP||V-Slot® 20x40 Linear Rail-1000mm||1|
|596||NEMA 23 Stepper Motor High Torque Series (OPTIONAL)||4|
What kind of tools will you need to build the C-Beam Machine?
Most,if not all the tools needed for assembly of the C-Beam Machine you probably already have!
|Tools & Misc. Needed Assembly:|
|8mm Open End Wrench (two would be handy)|
|3mm, 2.5mm & 2mm Allen Wrenches|
|Square (a little engineer square is perfect)|
|M5 0.8 metric Tap (HSS Intermediate) or M5 Drill Tap from the Openbuilds Part Store|
|5mm drill bit|
|10mm drill bit|
|Flat Metal File|
|80 & 120 grit Wet and Dry Sand Paper might be handy|
|Measuring “stick”/ tape at least 1 meter in length and a short one as well would be handy|
|Quick action clamps and a vice would be very handy|
|Masking Tape and containers to store the little things that are easily lost|
|Some of those little disposable shot glasses, one for WD40 and the other to celebrate|
|Marker and scribe (Exacto blade or sharpened nail will do)|
|Wood Glue for MDF|
|A ﬂat work surface will be your friend!|
|What's Not Included with the Bundle?|
|596||Nema 23 Stepper Motors - High Torque (Option)||4|
|Driver Board - There are many different Driver/Controller Options available. Please use the Discussion Thread on OpenBuilds.com for more details.|
|511 or 591||Power Supply - depending on your setup you may use a 12V or 24V power supply||1|
|Spindle - Openbuilds Router / Spindle Mount (71mm inside diameter) which works best with the Bosch Colt Router; but with some additional shimming, it is also suitable for the Dewalt 611 Router and the 0.8kw Chinese Spindles (65mm diameter)||1|
|1/2" MDF Sheets - 900mm x 500mm||2|
|1/2" MDF Sheets - 800mm x 400mm||1|
|540||Black Angle Corner Connector - Can be used to secure the C-Beam XL to your workbench.||4|
|Slot Cover / Panel Holder - 500mm|
|Local||Plexi Glass Side Panels|
C-Beam Machine XL Mechanical Bundle Parts - Shipped from the Store to your Door!
Check out the easy-to-follow assembly guide that will have you up and cutting in no time!