BlackBox Motion Control System
Welcome to the future in CNC machine control. Our all-in-one plug and play OpenBuilds BlackBox Motion Control System is revolutionizing CNC.
CNC Routers, Plasma Cutters, Laser Cutters or any other CNC Machine – the BlackBox will handle the job thanks to its multiple connection options. The OpenBuilds Xtension Wiring EcoSystem makes it super easy to connect with any tool head without comprising on security thanks to our multiple limit switches.
What is Included
- (1) Muscle Board (Stepper Drivers)
- (1) Brains Board (CPU)
- (6) BlackBox Panels
- (1) 60mm 24v Cooling Fan
- (2) Cooling Heatsinks for Drivers
- (1) Switch Cap
- Xtension Connectors
- Assembly Hardware Set
- Pair with a Genuine MeanWell Power Supply to ensure proper voltage is applied at all times.
- Configurable Relay for generic use cases (Plasma trigger, Coolant Pumps, Spindle control, etc )
- Auxiliary Serial Input for alternative connectivity expansion
- USB Interface for Plug and Play
- Up to 24v 5A switched output for coolant devices such as 24v DC pumps, solenoids, contactors, or Solid State Relays
- Input Power Polarity protection with indicator LED
- 10 Amp Input Power Fuse
- 5v PWM and 5v Direction Spindle Signals
- 0-10v Analog Spindle Control Signal Output for VFD Spindles
- Door Interlock signal connector to allow machines with enclosures to pause/resume when the door opens/closes
- Plug and Play easy connectors that work directly with the OpenBuilds Xtension wiring ecosystem
- 3 x Endstop inputs with optional power output (Selectable 5v/24v) for use with mechanical or powered
switches such as Inductive sensor
- Endstop inputs are protected against high voltages to allow for use of 24v Inductive Sensors
- XYZ Probe input
- Slave Axis configurable as a slave X, Y or Z
- Easily reachable Current Adjustment Potentiometers
- Power Switch (no more reaching for the power strip or unplugging)
- Built in cooling solution/through airflow design
- Powered by ATmega328p 8 bit Microcontroller running Grbl 1.1
- All new high end Enclosure/Case included, with built in back-lit indication LEDs
- Dimensions 171mm (mounting flange included) x 80mm x 36.4mm
- Muscle & Brains boards stacked configuration
- Easy V-Slot compatible Mounting
- Well planned locations of all connectors to allow for logical cable management
- OpenBuilds CONTROL for easy setup and configuration
After many headaches with Arduino Uno I choose this option from Openbuilds. The instruction videos are great, easy to follow and the amount of information they have on the web is enough for me. Thank you Guys!
I was a user of Novusun and Mach3 on an old Windows XP notebook. Now it's easy for me to use my C-Beam with Openbuilds Control on a Windows 10 notebook. And I use the same software for my Acro Laser.
Just an observation: It wasn't clear for me that the connections were included and I ordered too (now I have a lot of spare connections)
This box is very easy to use and so far, I haven't had any issues. I will say I was a bit surprised when I saw you had to assemble the entire box (circuit boards, heat sinks, case, etc) but realistically, it isn't bad at all. The video seems like it goes too fast at first but watch, pause, make what's in your hand look like what's on the screen and repeat. I didn't have to adjust any of the current pots and the connectors are easy to work with. Make sure they are pushed ALL THE WAY IN until you hear a click or they could cause issues.
Great little controller box. Printed (on the box itself) directions were VERY tiny and a bit hard to read and the video was very fast and didn't describe the pin setup and adjustments very well.
This Controller Is Awesome!!!
Everything fits with precision and purpose. This is one excellent engineered piece of equipment. Thanks for such a great Controller Team OpenBuild