BlackBox Motion Control System
Welcome to the future in CNC machine control. Our all-in-one plug and play OpenBuilds BlackBox Motion Control System is revolutionizing CNC.
CNC Routers, Plasma Cutters, Laser Cutters or any other CNC Machine – the BlackBox will handle the job thanks to its multiple connection options. The OpenBuilds Xtension Wiring EcoSystem makes it super easy to connect with any tool head without comprising on security thanks to our multiple limit switches.
What is Included
- (1) Muscle Board (Stepper Drivers)
- (1) Brains Board (CPU)
- (6) BlackBox Panels
- (1) 60mm 24v Cooling Fan
- (2) Cooling Heatsinks for Drivers
- (1) Switch Cap
- Xtension Connectors
- Assembly Hardware Set
- Pair with a Genuine MeanWell Power Supply to ensure proper voltage is applied at all times.
- Configurable Relay for generic use cases (Plasma trigger, Coolant Pumps, Spindle control, etc )
- Auxiliary Serial Input for alternative connectivity expansion
- USB Interface for Plug and Play
- Up to 24v 5A switched output for coolant devices such as 24v DC pumps, solenoids, contactors, or Solid State Relays
- Input Power Polarity protection with indicator LED
- 10 Amp Input Power Fuse
- 5v PWM and 5v Direction Spindle Signals
- 0-10v Analog Spindle Control Signal Output for VFD Spindles
- Door Interlock signal connector to allow machines with enclosures to pause/resume when the door opens/closes
- Plug and Play easy connectors that work directly with the OpenBuilds Xtension wiring ecosystem
- 3 x Endstop inputs with optional power output (Selectable 5v/24v) for use with mechanical or powered
switches such as Inductive sensor
- Endstop inputs are protected against high voltages to allow for use of 24v Inductive Sensors
- XYZ Probe input
- Slave Axis configurable as a slave X, Y or Z
- Easily reachable Current Adjustment Potentiometers
- Power Switch (no more reaching for the power strip or unplugging)
- Built in cooling solution/through airflow design
- Powered by ATmega328p 8 bit Microcontroller running Grbl 1.1
- All new high end Enclosure/Case included, with built in back-lit indication LEDs
- Dimensions 171mm (mounting flange included) x 80mm x 36.4mm
- Muscle & Brains boards stacked configuration
- Easy V-Slot compatible Mounting
- Well planned locations of all connectors to allow for logical cable management
- OpenBuilds CONTROL for easy setup and configuration
Easy to assemble, easy to use, great software, great price!
I have CNC XPROV4 but the high Powered drivers for nema23 high torque motors and easy connections with screw terminal connectors are great!
very easy to set up and use, replaced my controller on my Ooznest CNC, slight alteration to the motor wiring but once done it now (for the first time) runs like a dream.
This thing was super easy to put together, and is super well built! I also dig that has the exploded view on the inside of the bottom panel. It connected up easily with the Xtesnion system (which I'm slowly converting all my projects to (when possible). I was pleasantly surprised that it came with the M and F of the Xtensions and I didn't need to buy extra parts. The drivers have plenty of power so far, and I greatly appreciate the easy access of the layout. The fact that it fits perfect with the C-Beam is a nice detail, as well. Awesome job by the OpenBuilds team!
Love it... I was skeptical about plug n play, but it was... Simple to wire up, and use. Red to Red, Green to Green .... Power on, and I could jog all three axis immediately in the correct direction. I will purchasing more. Highly Recommend, especially for the new user. Don't get me wrong great for the experienced as well!