BlackBox Motion Control System
Welcome to the future in CNC machine control. Our all-in-one plug and play OpenBuilds BlackBox Motion Control System is revolutionizing CNC.
CNC Routers, Plasma Cutters, Laser Cutters or any other CNC Machine – the BlackBox will handle the job thanks to its multiple connection options. The OpenBuilds Xtension Wiring EcoSystem makes it super easy to connect with any tool head without comprising on security thanks to our multiple limit switches.
What is Included
- (1) Muscle Board (4X Stepper Drivers)
- (1) Brains Board (CPU)
- (6) BlackBox Panels
- (1) 60mm 24v Cooling Fan
- (2) Cooling Heatsinks for Drivers
- (1) Switch Cap
- Xtension Connectors
- Assembly Hardware Set
- Pair with a Genuine MeanWell Power Supply to ensure proper voltage is applied at all times.
- 10 Amp Input Power Fuse
- Configurable Relay for generic use cases (Plasma trigger, Coolant Pumps, Spindle control, etc )
- Door Interlock signal connector to allow machines with enclosures to pause/resume when the door opens/closes
- 4X High Powered 4.0A (peak) Stepper Drivers
- Auxiliary Serial Input for alternative connectivity expansion
- USB Interface for Plug and Play
- Up to 24v 5A switched output for coolant devices such as 24v DC pumps, solenoids, contactors, or Solid State Relays
- Input Power Polarity protection with indicator LED
- 5v PWM and 5v Direction Spindle Signals
- 0-10v Analog Spindle Control Signal Output for VFD Spindles
- Plug and Play easy connectors that work directly with the OpenBuilds Xtension wiring ecosystem
- 3 x Endstop inputs with optional power output (Selectable 5v/24v) for use with mechanical or powered
switches such as Inductive sensor
- Endstop inputs are protected against high voltages to allow for use of 24v Inductive Sensors
- XYZ Probe input
- Slave Axis configurable as a slave X, Y or Z
- Up to 1/32 Micro stepping (Defaulted to 1/8 for higher Torque)
- Easily reachable Current Adjustment Potentiometers
- Power Switch (no more reaching for the power strip or unplugging)
- Built in cooling solution/through airflow design
- Powered by ATmega328p 8 bit Microcontroller running Grbl 1.1
- All new high end Enclosure/Case included, with built in back-lit indication LEDs
- Dimensions 171mm (mounting flange included) x 80mm x 36.4mm
- Muscle & Brains boards stacked configuration
- Easy V-Slot compatible Mounting
- Well planned locations of all connectors to allow for logical cable management
- OpenBuilds CONTROL for easy setup and configuration
Product license information available here
First let me start by saying Great Job Open Builds this little beast is Amazing and I recommend anyone who is interested in any motion control be it 3D printer or CNC to get one of theses little black box. That being said this motion controller is well made , well thought out , and carefully constructed . You will get your moneys worth ! The video to assemble was a bit fast but nothing a simple pause cant handle. The outer case is made out of aluminum i'm very impressed with this best construction iv ever seen . easy assembly take your time can be done in less than five min. One again Great Job Open Builds keep up the great work! And just maybe you guys could build a new Black Box only maybe a 5 access ;).
Thanks for the Amazing stuff you guys provide ..
and don't forget the stickers WE love stickers ;)
First off, Openbuilds is a great company with the best customer service I have ever had. Upon receiving, I had one minor issue and emailed after I could not solve through forums. Without any hassle tech support assisted and immediately sent a new box that arrived within 36 hrs. This replaced my X-Controller that went missing before I could even finish assembly. Its a plug-and-play that has more capabilities and less than half the price! Easy assembly, up and running within an hour and without any newbie struggles all my cuts are precise as can be. Openbuilds definitely won me over.
very good, including the online instructions, even if you are not excellent in engish
After many headaches with Arduino Uno I choose this option from Openbuilds. The instruction videos are great, easy to follow and the amount of information they have on the web is enough for me. Thank you Guys!
I was a user of Novusun and Mach3 on an old Windows XP notebook. Now it's easy for me to use my C-Beam with Openbuilds Control on a Windows 10 notebook. And I use the same software for my Acro Laser.
Just an observation: It wasn't clear for me that the connections were included and I ordered too (now I have a lot of spare connections)