CNC xPRO V3 Controller Stepper Driver
Take your builds to the next level with the all-in-one CNC xPRO V3 Controller Stepper Driver!
CNC xPRO V3 further expands the capabilities of the board and simplifies the users experience.
- 4 stepper connections
- Full to 1/32 stepping
- Options for input and feedback include E-Stop/Reset, Feed Hold, Cycle Start, Homing Location (X,Y,Z Limits), and Z-Probing.
- Spindle Direction and PWM Control output
- Current limiting adjustments for each axis
- Heat sinks installed
- Latest stable version of GRBL installed
New Features (V3)
- Redesigned silkscreen (more pictures, less words)
- New/Improved FTDI serial USB interface
- Auxiliary PC fan header (12/24VDC depending on supply voltage)
- 100% Input buffering to include limit switches (prevent false triggers)
- Motor driver output LEDs
- Step/Dir breakout pads to add external drivers
- Beefed up overvoltage/reverse voltage protection
- Z-probe pin now accessible from screw terminal
- Default set to mixed decay (easily changed to slow or fast with jumpers)
- E-stop now tied to hardware and software
Use the CNC xPRO Controller to Drive:
- 4 Axis CNC Mill
- 3 Axis CNC Mill With Multiple Drive Motors
- Laser Cutter With XY, Auto Focus, and Rotary Attachment
- Plasma Cutter
- Pick and Place for SMD components
- Or wireless robotics (would love to see this used on a wireless quadruped)
The CNC xPRO is designed to run the opensource gcode interpreter GRBL, opensource programming environment Arduino, or anything you can write in AVR studio. The xPRO comes pre-flashed with GRBL so all you need to do is wire up your motors!
The software stack used at Spark is:
- SketchUp, Inkscape, or Solidworks to design parts
- Openbuilds SketchUCam or CamBam
- ChiliPeppr - GRBL-Panel - Universal-G-Code-Sender or GRBL Controller to send gcode to the xPro
NOTE: "Please do not use the mass settings updater within GRBL 3.6.1, setting are not properly mapped for GRBL 0.9g"
NOTE: Accessories such as the BlueTooth, etc. Can be purchased from Spark-Concepts.com
OpenBuilds Part CAD Models and Drawings
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
Due to financial constraints, I have not yet completed the build I purchased the CNC xPRO V3 Controller Stepper Driver for. But, because of the way OpenBuilds has illustrated the hook up of the CNC controller, I will be purchasing the remainder of the parts for my project from them.