CNC xPRO V4 Controller Stepper Driver
The xPRO V4 Controller Stepper Driver its an all in one controller with all the necessary features to get you up and running in your build quickly and reliably
- Introduced with the V4 is our new DriverMinder logic - the V4 constantly monitors the status of each motor driver looking for any fault. Should a fault occur, your selected action will be taken, options are:
Pause - will initiate a system pause allowing you to safely troubleshoot and potentially save your work piece
Stop - emergency abort, system stop immediately and reboots
Play - continue on as if nothing happened (AKA ignore fault).
- Less than 5-minute install with the use of plug and play motors headers, limit switches and power supplies
- 4-layer design featuring completely isolated motor and logic power buses
- All smd parts moved to back of board to protect again debris and short
- Integrated #4-40 standoff for easy mounting and short protection
- Three ways to power - Laptop PSU (2.5x5.5mm plug), a 2 wire power supply, or ATX computer power supply
- Selectable spindle output voltage range: 0-5V or 0-10V for full compatibility with spindles, VFDs, Lasers and more
- Coolant output is now an open drain (directly sink up to 3A or use to control external relays)
- Screw terminal hookup for external Step/Dir drivers makes beefing up easy
- Extremely robust power management for overvoltage/reverse voltage protection including replaceable mini blade fuses
- Motor driver step and fault LEDs for easier troubleshooting
- Enhanced silkscreen with more pictures and less labels
- Compatible with Openbuilds Xtension wiring system for even easier setup!
- DIP SWITCHES = NO MORE SOLDER JUMPERS - want to change decay mode -> slide the switch, want to clone Z motion instead of Y -> slide the switch
What is Included
- (1) CNC xPRO V4 Controller Stepper Driver
- Pre-loaded with latest stable version of GRBL
- Capable of powering from ATX PSU, edicated 12V/24V two wire power supply, or a laptop power supply
- Drive 4 motors with DRV8825 Stepper Drivers - 2.5A (peak) with 1.75A (RMS) with up to 1/32 microstepping
- 1 Driver capable of cloning X,Y, or Z
- Hardware support for both USB and Wireless Operation (XBee, WiFly, or Bluelink)*
- Emergency Stop to cut all motor power (with optional override)
- 12V and 5V** outputs for powering peripherals (fans, pumps, vacuums)
- Quickly connect to Stepper Motors and limit switches with 3.5mm screw terminals and/or 4-pin 0.1" (2.54mm) headers
- Expansion port for coming upgrades (Illuminated button pendant, jog control, and headless sender)
Assembly / Support / Documentation:
Easy follow along assembly video – top notch awesome community support – open source files and documentation and examples.
3D Model Resources:
Free 3D models of the OpenBuilds Component Library.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
Picked this board up for a C-Beam machine I built last winter. Been suing it with EstlCAM and man is it a solid board. The drivers have plenty of power to push the NEMA23s and the end stops I added hooked up without issue. Not to mention the Z-touch plate I'd purchased works awesome with the hardware/software. I dig the new software OB is putting out, but this thing really sings with EstlCAM. And the good folks at both places helped update docs/software based on some snags I ran into. Awesome community!
The controller works great I just wish that it would’ve come with the screws that go into the aluminum standoffs for mounting the board. Other than that I’m very satisfied with the controller I’m also very satisfied with the acro 510 that I also purchased everything is gone very well.
Due to financial constraints, I have not yet completed the build I purchased the CNC xPRO V3 Controller Stepper Driver for. But, because of the way OpenBuilds has illustrated the hook up of the CNC controller, I will be purchasing the remainder of the parts for my project from them.