Get the dust under control with this Dust Shoe. Simple yet very effective design will suck those material particles from the air and your work piece thanks to its integrated shop vac connector. No more excuses to have your shop full of dust. Compatible with our OpenBuilds Router/Spindle Mount
- Attaches directly to the Router / Spindle
- 2.5” shop vac quick connector
- 2” Bristles Ring all around
- Two part system secured by magnets makes it easy to remove the bristles and gain direct access to the bit
What is Included
- (1) Dust Shoe with 2” Brush Ring
- Size 8”x4.75” / 203mm x 120.6mm
- 1/2' / 12.6mm thick
- 2.56” / 65mm router diameter clamp ring
- Material Acrylic
- Color Clear
Easy follow along assembly video – top notch awesome community support – open source files and documentation and examples.
- Care must be taken when installing the shoe so as to not over-tighten the pinch bolt. The pinch bolt should be tightened until the shoe is snug on the router/spindle. Over-tightening the pinch bolt may damage the shoe which in turn could cause bodily harm or equipment damage. Discontinue use if the dust shoe becomes damaged.
- There must be approximately 0.6" of clearance between the spindle and the z-assembly.
Product of Kent CNC - All registered Trademarks, Logos and other Intellectual Property found on the Site or mentioned herein belong to their respective owners.
This is a must have for any CNC machine. It can connect to any Wetvac with a 2.25 to 2.5 inch hose. With the right adapter it can attach to smaller Wetvacs or any dust collection system. The shirt is held in place by three strong magnetics and removal is really easy for when you need to change out bits. Don't worry about the skirt coming off during operation, it will not come off until you apply pressure to it. If you plan to make A LOT of saw dust, I recommend you get this as part of your machine. I used this connected to my Shop Vac and had 75 to 80 percent of the dust removed during milling. When I connected it to my shop vacuum system I saw 90 to 95% clean out but had to open a vent to keep from sucking the skirt close to the suction area. I recommend you add this to your order when you purchase a machine and get one if you don't have one already.
Should have got this long ago. Tried to build a boot for myself but it was too bulky. This was a simple no mess installation - fits perfectly, and easy to adjust if needed. As always the delivery and customer service form Openbuilds wasSECOND TO NONE!