OpenBuilds C-Beam Machine XLarge
The C-Beam Machine XLarge gives you abilities such as plate making, sign making etc. all on a larger scale.
C-Beam XLarge Machine is a CNC machine design based on the popular V-Slot® linear guide system.
The machine is strong as the linear rail incorporates a C shape profile which gives added strength and functionality.
C-Beam Machine XLarge Specs:
- All the precise Acme Lead Screws are faced away from flying chips to help keep them clean.
- Outside mounted Xtreme Solid V Wheels® used throughout for easy on machine adjustment, tuning and strength.
- Doubled up and adjustable Acme Nut blocks on Y and X axes with an Anti-Backlash Nut Block on the Z-axis to reduce/remove backlash.
- Strong and accurate C-Beam® and V-Slot® Linear Rail with the new heavy duty C-Beam Gantry Plate XLarge used for all Actuators.
- Openbuilds Router / Spindle Mount (71 mm inside diameter) designed for the Bosh Colt Router; but with some additional shimming, it is also suitable for the Dewalt 611 Router and the 0.8kw Chinese Spindles (65 mm diameter).
Compatible Material for Cutting/Milling:
- Plexi Glass
- All Needed Hardware
- Versatile V-Slot Linear Rail & Super Strong C-Beam Linear Rail
- Xtreme Solid V Wheel Kits ready for heavier duty applications
- 3GT (GT2-3M) Timing Belt for fast, accurate performance
- Balldriver Screw Driver Set & OpenBuilds 8mm Spanner Wrench
- More details can be found on OpenBuilds
- (1) 24V Power Supply Bundle
- (4) NEMA 23 Stepper Motors - High Torque
- (1) CNC xPRO V3 Controller Stepper Driver
- (1) Dewalt DWP611 1.25 HP Max Torque Variable Speed Compact Router
Other (Sold Separately)
- (1) MDF Spoiler Board
- Optional Limit/Homing Switches
Build Instructions, Helpful Videos, Community Support:
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
As of this review, I have not yet fully completed my build of the C-Beam XL. Although, as anyone who has ordered from Open Builds can attest, the pack of the kit is outstanding! Great care and attention to detail has gone into organizing and preparing these kits. Shipping was quick as usual and without stress. The worst part of ordering a kit from these guys/gals is cutting through the massive amount of packing tape to reveal the bounty, seriously a lot of tape but it's a good problem to have. Once inside, all parts are clearly labeled, organized and wrapped in bubble wrap. I will provide more feedback once I'm up and running.