INTERFACE puts control in your hands, enabling you to Jog, Home, Zero, Load and Run jobs all from a stand alone plug and play hand held pendant.
No computer required! Run your jobs directly at your machine with the OpenBuilds INTERFACE.Its never been easier, simply load the job, set the starting point and run it.
INTERFACE was designed as a purpose built tool that is a part of your machine. It is rugged, user friendly and it will quickly become a favorite in your shop!
- Standalone Human-Machine Interface for controlling your machine
- Tactile haptic and audible feedback system for confirmation in noisy CNC environments
- Supports Homing, Jogging, Probing, Zeroing and Running your CNC (of USB thumb drive)
- Capacitive touch switches for the UI
- Plug-and-play with OpenBuilds BlackBox Motion Controller
- Can easily be mounted to your machine front with our Mounting Kit Option (Magnet not included)
- *Note: Can be used with any Grbl 1.1 based controller, which has RX/TX/GND/5V pins (may require you to make your own cabling)
What is Included
- (1) Interface
- (1) 2.5m Connection cable based on selection above
- (1) USB Drive
- 240Mhz 32-bit Xtensa Dual-Core Microprocessor
- 520Kb SRAM
- 4Mb Flash
- 802.11 b/g/n Wifi (Firmware upgrades)
- Bluetooth v4.2 and BLE
- High Contrast Color TFT LCD display
- LED Backlit Capacitive Touch buttons
- Vibration Motor
- USB-C Connectivity
- Grbl 1.1f and newer Support
- FAT32 Flash Drive Support
- RoHS and CE Certified
Easy follow along tutorial videos – awesome community support – top notch documentation
I got this to use with my Demon Controller. I like the long cable provided to connect the pendant to the controller. I could use a sturdier attachment to the pendant as I fear the wires will get a lot of back and forth bending. I have made cuts with gcode from Vectric v carving, rotary cutting, and laser. And with gcode from lightburn. All worked great. It paused overnight without trouble. I wired it into my controller that uses an Arduino uno, using the tx/rx and an open 5v and ground pin. I use my own probe, z only puck type, not the one open builds sells. And you can load different machine profiles into the pendant on the supplied usb. Great product guys. No longer need that laptop sitting there. One more thing It could use one more decimal value when manually setting the steps/mm. (0.00”0”)
It seems to work reliably.
This system works flawlessly with the Openbuilds Blackbox. A great addition to the CNC system. Very easy to use.
I haven't install it yet but i like the way is build, exelent costumer service
As with the Black Box, the simple connections, and the English instructions it is a breeze to set and use!