OpenBuilds CONTROL is an application for connecting to, and controlling, your CNC, Laser, Plasma or Dragknife machine.
- Interface with, and Jog your machine
- Run GCODE Jobs
- Set Zero coordinates
- Integrate with cam.openbuilds.com
- Pre Loaded with OpenBuilds Machines configurations
- Setup your own machine configuration
- Imperial and Metric Modes
- Flatten/Surface your spoilboard / stock
- Mobile Jog Widget
- Z Probe Wizard
- Customize Keyboard Shortcuts
- 3D View / Serial Console / Macros / GCODE Editor
- GRBL Flashing Tool
- and even help with your Firmware configuration
What is Included
- Free & Open Source Application - Download
This is the CNC control program of choice at Xerocraft makerspace in Tucson for GRBL based CNC machines. Ease of use and the amazing wizards that are built in make this program the no brainer choice for the hobbyist. The accompanying Openbuilds CAM makes it easy for first timers to execute their projects with success. This program has all the bells and whistles one needs.
I have been using Openbuilds Control with two Benmitsu 3018 Prover CNC routers outfitted with the Openbuilds Blackbox control for about a year. Openbuilds Control is regularly updated with improvements. Frankly, Openbuilds Control software just works. Openbuilds Control is my first choice!
Reason I haven’t put 5 is because I have not had lots of time to use all of the features... but rate it 4 because it work amazingly awesome, connects easy to the black box. I built a 3000mm x 1500 and it has guides how to customize setting for your machine to make sure you run it properly.